Affiliate Membership Benefits
- Consultation visits – The GHS staff can offer technical services and advice pertaining to archival- and museum-related issues.
- History Programs – Speakers are available to present programs year-round on a statewide basis.
- Workshops – Workshops on a variety of archival and museum related topics are held around the state as requested.
- Publicity – Affiliates are invited to publicize their activities in Highlights, and to submit their brochures for distribution in Hodgson Hall .
- Awards – The Lilla M. Hawes Award annually recognizes the best book published on county or local Georgia history. Also, the Roger K. Warlick Awards recognize outstanding achievement in the field of public history by Affiliate Chapters of the Georgia Historical Society.
- Publication Discounts – Affiliates may purchase GHS publications for their library at a 20% discount, or for resale as a fundraiser at a 40% discount.
- Affiliate Certificate – Each Affiliate receives a certificate verifying its status with the Georgia Historical Society.
- Discounts – Discounts are provided exclusively to Georgia Historical Society (GHS) book and merchandise resellers, GHS members, and current Affiliate Chapters. Click here to see the full Discount Policy.
- Storage of Affiliate Chapter Newsletters – Affiliate chapters may send their newsletters for storage in the GHS archives.