Marker Text: The Covered Bridge over Sowhatchee Creek, one mile south, was built during the covered bridge building era in Early County, about 1833, by J. W. Baughman. Road Commissioners were L. G. Kirkland, William Howard and Alegnon Mills. The preservation of this bridge was given over to the Peter Early Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, by order of the Board of Commissioners of Roads and Revenues of Early County, on Aug. 6, 1957. DAR Bridge Committee:
Mrs. R. C. Singletary, Sr., Mrs. J. W. Bonner, Mrs. J. G. Standifer.