Year Erected: 1958
Marker Text: Aug 26, 1864. The Federal Army of the Tenn., (15th, 16th and 17th corps) enroute to Fairburn and Jonesboro, camped on and near, the Wilson plantation. Gen. John A. Logan (15th A.C.) had headquarters at the Judge Wm. A. Wilson residence. The 4th, 14th and 23rd A.C. marched by other roads. Atlanta siege operations (July 22 – Aug 25) having failed, the Federals were shifted S. to cut the two railroads entering from the S.W. This change of base resulted not only in destruction of the West Point and Macon railroads, but two days of battle at Jonesboro and the consequent evacuation of Atlanta (Sept. 1) which ended the campaign.