Year Erected: 1956
Marker Text: July 18, 1864. The 14th A.C., which was posted on extreme rt. of the Cumberland Army, left camp at Mt. Paran Rd., crossed Nancy’s Creek & moved S. on Howell Mill Rd. to Peachtree Cr. Mitchell’s brigade of Davis’ Div. covered the Ridgewood Rd. area between Nancy’s Cr. & the River, southward to Peachtree Creek.
Hooker’s 20th A.C. left camp on Mt. Paran Rd., crossed Nancy’s Cr., & moved E. on Pace’s Ferry Rd. to occupy the gap between the 14th A.C. & Howard’s 4th A.C. which had reached Buckhead at noon via Power’s Ferry Rd. from where it had crossed the Chattahoochee River.