Marker Text: Organized by Settlers from Liberty County on Dec 3, 1864. The first minister, Rev Eli Graves, came from Brooks County once a month to hold services in the courthouse before the first church was dedicated in 1867. Early elders were S.M. Myddleton, with W.A. Pardee, Deacon. In 1891 a second building was dedicated. The present building, erected in 1907-1909 and designed by J.W. Butt and M.E. Morris, Atlanta, was placed on the National Register of Historic Places, Nov 2, 1987.
Tips for Finding This Marker: At the intersection of North Patterson and East Magnolia Streets in Valdosta