Year Erected: 1953
These troops, the left flank of Johnson’s Army, marched S.E. to find the position of the Federals known to be near Dallas. Recalled from Powder Springs the corps counter-marched at 3 a.m. May 25th.
Enroute back toward Dallas, Cleburne’s div. detoured N. from the Henry Lester house and camped at Darby’s until dark, when it was ordered to New Hope Ch. where Hood’s A.C. [CSA] had been fighting the 20th A.C. [USA] that P.M.