Johnston’s Line East of Kennesaw

Johnston’s Line East of Kennesaw

Johnston's Line East of KennesawYear Erected: 1954

Marker Text: A point on the intrenched line of Loring’s (formerly Polk’s) A.C., [CSA] which extended from the mtn. down its E. slope to the Bell’s Ferry rd. This sector was held by Featherston’s div. — the rt. of the corps, Hood’s A.C. [CSA] prolonged the line E. beyond the Canton rd., where Wheeler’s cav. [CSA] was posted. June 21, Featherston extended E. to occupy the line vacated by Hood’s A.C. when it was shifted to the left of the line below Kennesaw, on Powder Springs road. June 27. Featherston & Wheeler withstood a spirited attack by the 17th A.C., which advanced S. from the Brushy Mountain area.

Tips for Finding This Site: North side of Old Hwy 41 east of the intersection with Hames Rd in Marietta.