Old Court House At Sapelo Bridge

Old Court House At Sapelo Bridge

Year Erected: 1957

Marker Text: Sapelo Bridge, on the old Savannah to Darien Road 200 yards east of this spot, was the seat of McIntosh County from 1793 to 1818. Here the Court House and other public buildings stood; here, too, were the Armory and Muster Ground for the McIntosh County Cavalry Troop, and here the Stage Coaches stopped to refresh the passengers and change horses.

Tips for Finding This Marker: Located on Ocean Highway (U.S. 17) just north of Breeze Way in Eulonia.