Marker Text: About 3 miles South on this road is Providence or Camp Creek Baptist Church. This church, of the Primitive Baptist faith, was organized February 3, 1844, and was formally constituted on March 2 of that year. Members signing the Covenant that day were: John Minshew, Rachel Minshew, James J. Thomas, Duncan Henderson, Belinda Henderson, Richard A. Bennett, Tobitha Bennett, William S. Bennett, Nancy Bennett.
The Rev. Isham Peacock served as first pastor of the church, and Duncan Henderson was clerk.