jeux de casino en ligne roue aléatoire en ligne keno online jouer aux machines à sous gratuites sans téléchargement crypto casino jet x astuces pour gagner au tennis bovegas

Columbia County

Columbia County

Year Erected: 1956

Marker Text:  Columbia County, named for Christopher Columbus, was created by Act of Dec. 10, 1790 from Richmond County. Originally, it contained parts of McDuffie and Warren Counties. Settled by Quakers before the Revolution, it has been the home of many prominent Georgians. Here were Carmel Academy and Kiokee Baptist Church, “Mother Church” of Baptists in Georgia. First officers of Columbia County, commissioned Dec. 15, 1790, were: John Pearre, Coroner; John Walton, Surveyor; Daniel Marshall, Tax Col.; Anderson Crawford, Tax Rec.; Edmund B. Jenkins, Sheriff.

Tips for Finding This Marker: On Appling Harlem Road in Appling.