Marker Text: Burial of Confederates killed in a railroad collision, September, 1863, on land given by Mrs. Jane Glover, established this cemetery. Later more land was given by Ann Moyer and others, and the [CSA] dead here from Marietta hospitals and the Kennesaw battlefield were interred here. In 1866 Georgia provided funds to move her dead here from the Chickamauga area, under the direction of Miss Mary J. Green and Mrs. Charles J. Williams of the Georgia Memorial Association. Soldiers from every southern state rest here, and annual Memorial Day exercises are a custom of long standing.
Tips for Finding This Marker: In Confederate Cemetery, on Powder Springs Road in Marietta.