Year Erected: 1996
Marker Text: “Original Diversified Farming County of the Southeast”
Established January 1, 1906
The Courthouse and County Jail were built in 1908 and the county was organized under the general supervision of the following first Board of County Commissioners: Walter B. Roddenbery, Chairman; L.L. Barwick, Henry Mitchell, J.L. Peebles and J.M. Sasser; M.L. Ledford, County Attorney; Alexander Blair, Architect; J.B. Carr Co., Contractor.
Elevation above sea level, 265 feet
Latitude 30.53; Longitude 84.12
Average Temperature 67.5°