Year Erected: 1974
Marker Text: Joseph Habersham Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution was organized February 12, 1900 at the Executive Mansion. Mrs. William Lawson Peel, first Regent and Mrs. Allen D. Candler, wife of the governor, were among the five founders. The cornerstone was laid January 14, 1922 and the building was completed in 1923. The Hall was designed by Architect Henry Hornbostel, designer of Carnegie Institute of Technology, Emory University and “Callanwolde” of Atlanta.
Colonel Joseph Habersham served in the Revolutionary Army, Continental Congress and Georgia’s Constitutional Ratification Convention. He was United States Postmaster General from 1795 – 1801.