Year Erected: 1999
Marker Text: In 1912, William Thomas Sosby donated 1.4 acres near this site for the Red Hill School. Originally for grades 1-6, the school added grades 7-9 in 1922. After consolidation in 1925, a new school building was constructed here on land donated by Sosby and C.C. Fain. Housing a gymnasium/auditorium with a stage for school plays and community activities and a community cannery, this site became the focal point of the unincorporated community of Red Hill. In 1971, a third school building was moved to Carnesville. Only the 1928 teacherage remains here.
Erected by the Georgia Historical Society and the Franklin County Historical Society