Year Erected: 1953
Marker Text: The two story frame dwelling 200 yards west, built in 1815 by Seaborn Goodall, is all that is left of old Jacksonboro. In it, in 1821, the itinerant preacher Lorenzo Dow found refuge when he was attacked by the rowdies of the town, whom he had denounced for immorality. Goodall, a Godly man, rescued Dow.
Standing on the bridge over the nearby creek, Dow cursed the town but asked God to bless Goodall and his home.