Year Erected: 1999
Marker Text: White Plains Baptist Church was organized in 1806, with all four sanctuaries located here. The current sanctuary was constructed in 1887. After the church welcomed its first African-American member in 1812, both races worshipped together until 1869. In the late 1820s, the church was instrumental in the founding of Siloam Baptist Church, formerly a branch of this church. To date only 20 pastors have served here. James H. Kilpatrick, pastor from 1854 to 1908, also served as moderator of the Georgia Baptist Association for 23 years and as President of the Georgia Baptist Convention for 6 years.