FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Patricia Meagher, Director of Communications
912.651.2125 Ext. 153, or Email
Historical marker ordered up for Waffle House
Waffle House’s roots run deep in metro Atlanta, so deep that a historical marker is being ordered up along with pecan waffles, grits, eggs, bacon, hash browns and orange juice to commemorate the first one built nearly six decades ago.
The Georgia Historical Society will place a marker at the site of the first Waffle House on East College Avenue near Avondale Estates on Sept. 8. The chain, which has grown to 1,600 locations nationwide, was started by Avondale Estates neighbors Joe Rogers Sr. and Tom Forkner in 1955.
Christopher Seward, Atlanta Journal-Constitution