Thomas A. and Dorothy B. Davis Fund
Thomas A. Davis was born on July 21, 1935, in Macon, Georgia, the son of Wallace M. and Thelma H. Davis. Dorothy Baxley was born on January 11, 1938, in Savannah, the daughter of Harry E. and Dorothy W. Baxley.
Tom graduated from Georgia Tech in 1957 and Dotty from Armstrong Junior College in 1957. They were married on August 10, 1957, and have two children, Dorothy and Thomas A., Jr.
After service in the U.S. Army, Tom founded the Davis Supply Company, which he ran from 1958 to 1997. The company was subsequently sold to The Home Depot and Tom continued as a consultant until 2002, when he retired.
Tom and Dotty Davis are longstanding contributors to the community. He is a member of the Savannah Rotary Club and is past president of the German Heritage Society. They are members of Isle of Hope United Methodist Church and have volunteered extensively with the Coastal Georgia Botanical Gardens, the United Way, and the Georgia Historical Society.
The Thomas A. and Dorothy B. Davis Endowment Fund was established in 2006 by Mr. and Mrs. Davis, ensuring that their commitment to Savannah and Georgia history will continue.