FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Renovation Underway at Georgia Historical Society’s Jepson House Education Center
Savannah, Ga., July 29, 2013 – The Georgia Historical Society (GHS) announced today that the anticipated renovations to the Jepson House Education Center have officially begun. The property, purchased in 2011 and named in honor of Savannah philanthropists Robert S. and Alice Jepson will be the place from which all GHS statewide educational programming and services will be planned and disseminated around the state.
”We are pleased to enter into the remodeling phase and to have Lynch Associates as our architects and Martin + Zittrouer Construction as our contractor,” said Laura García-Culler, Executive Vice President of the Georgia Historical Society. “We have also engaged Linn Gresham, owner of Haute Décor in Savannah as the interior designer for the education center. Keeping true to the historic elements of the property while transforming the interior into a functional work environment with elegant meeting spaces will be our top priority.”
Originally built in 1856, the property features a three-story, 7,000 square foot antebellum mansion and separate 1,250 square foot carriage house. Located in Savannah’s Historic Landmark District, the structure’s architecture beautifully compliments the Society’s current home in Hodgson Hall while the traditional urban garden and courtyard feature new venues for entertaining.
The project is scheduled for completion in mid-2014.
SAVANNAH: 501 Whitaker St., Savannah, GA 31401
ATLANTA: 260 14th St., NW, Ste. A-148, Atlanta, GA 30318
Georgia Historical Society (GHS) is the premier independent statewide institution responsible for collecting, examining and teaching Georgia history. GHS houses the oldest and most distinguished collection of materials related exclusively to Georgia history in the nation.